Getting a tattoo is great but the MOST important part about the process is how you take care of it after it’s done. Follow the instructions below.
1. Leave the bandage on for 2 hours.
2. After you remove your bandage, you will want to wash your tattoo. Use lukewarm water and mild, liquid antibacterial or antimicrobial soap.
3. Yes, you can shower with a new tattoo. It’s OK to get it wet – just don’t soak it. Swimming, whether it be a pool, fresh water, or sea water, should be avoided for at least 2 weeks.
4. Use a specialty product such as H2Ocean, Redemption, Aquaphor, or tattoo Goo for 5-7 days after this.
5. When your tattoo starts to peel, don’t pick, and don’t scratch it! If the skin itches, pat it, if it’s peeling, or scabbing up just leave it alone and put ointment on it.